I found this daily devotional website and I am going to try to look at it everyday to get inspiration from the word! I have fallen short when it comes to reading my bible everyday. I will start again today! Thank you Lord that you forgive me of my short comings!
"I am the LORD, and there is no other; besides Me there is no God...the One forming light and creating darkness, causing well-being and creating calamity; I am the LORD who does all these." - Isaiah 45:5-7 NASB
There are times when it can appear that darkness rules the earth...that there's no hope...and that God's people inevitably will be defeated. We can think our lives are dominated by enemies and that we're nothing but victims. We can feel outnumbered and doomed to failure. Discouraged, we can wonder if God ever will answer our prayers and solve our problems.
At times like these, we need to read these verses from Isaiah, where God states His absolute sovereignty. Regardless of how things appear, He's the Master of every situation. He is "the Lord, and there is no other!"
God declares that He reigns over every part of life--not only the light, but even the darkness; amid what appears to be good news or bad; when we face trials or when everything seems to be going smoothly. He has no rivals, and His power has no limits.
These truths are overwhelming. Life-changing! But do we really believe them? If we really believed them, we would never have any fears, for we could trust in God completely! We would know that the only thing to worry about is not obeying and trusting Him, not living in accordance with His will, and not being in harmony with Him.
Today, stop and think about these truths. Declare God to be the Master of your life. Do not allow any problem to make you discouraged.
Focus on the Lord. Worship Him. Seek His face. Commit the situations you face to Him, and trust in Him resolutely. It's His desire "that men may know from the rising to the setting of the sun that there is no one besides Me" (v. 6). He is the Lord!
Prayer
Father, You are sovereign. I commit these situations and people into Your hands: _______. I trust in You, and I'm believing You for turnarounds in my life. In Jesus' name. Amen.
Extended Reading
Isaiah 45
No comments:
Post a Comment