Tuesday, February 19, 2008

God is Good

I was raised as a Catholic and had to attend church every Sunday even if I did not want too. I remember learning how to take communion and what I thought was how to pray. I remember receiving my first Rosary and going to confession. I remember several things about my childhood and I thank my parents for giving me a foundation, but little did I know that I would find out later in life that there was so much more then this foundation my parents had laid. As I got older I was introduced to Christ in a way that I never imagined. I was invited to attend church with a couple that we meet in lamazae class and this changed my life. I knew that Jesus died on the cross and believe that, but I did not know that you could accept Jesus into your heart as your Lord and Savior and have a relationship with him. So of course finding this out I prayed the simple prayer asking God to come into my heart and be my savior. At this time I was on fire for God and loved the church family we had found. We attended church regularly and even did some missionary work in the neighborhoods. Unfortunately, this new found spirituality came to an end do to several circumstances. Mainly what it came down to is I ended the relationship, but little did I know that God had not given up on me; I had given up on him! Praise the Lord for that! Well I went through some trials and tribulations that were probably some of the lowest times of my life. Low and behold these trials and tribulations lead me back to the Lord. I think back and I realize now that I had not totally given up on God; I had just placed him on the back burner. It was time to put him back in priority of my life. So I rededicated my life to Jesus. How many times in your life can you walk away from God and expect for him to wait for you? I tested this question and found out that God Never Gives Up On YOU!! He waits and longs for you to return to him! AMEN! Thank GOD! This was not the first or last time that I rededicated myself, but like I said before God waited! During all this time he was there for me, I just did not see it or take the time to realize. I look back now and know that he was there with me and for me! Well if we fast forward the here and now, you will find me renewing once again my personal walk with God. I have found a great church family, great Christian friends, and a new spark in my relationship with Christ. I am so excited to rekindle this relationship and to be learning how to strengthen this relationship. In turn I am learning how to strengthen my parental relationship to my children, my marriage is strengthened and I am seeing the blessings of the Lord pour out on my family. Glory be to God, I give him all the worship and all the praise. He is my redeemer, my strength and my deliver with out him I am nothing! AMEN!

No comments: