Friday, April 24, 2009

36 week update

Well this baby may come sooner then later! I went to my Ob appointment today and my cervix is 30% effaced and very soft. I am up to 151 lbs and was measuring at 34 weeks. She is not to concerned by this because my ultrasounds are right where they should be. She highly recommended against me traveling, so it looks like I will not be going to my grandma's memorial service. I have another appointment on Wednesday the 29th and may make my final decision based on my progress at that time. I am leaning towards not going though. I do not want to risk going into labor.
As for our little guessing game that I have going on. I will be locking it out today so no one can change their guesses. Hopefully you are happy with your guess!
Luke and my mom came to the appointment with me today and got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. Luke did much better at this appointment then he did when we went for the 3D ultrasound. My doctor is awesome though, she distracted him with being funny and she talked to him about what she was doing to me. I think this really helped him feel more secure.
Oh and my last day of work was Wednesday the 22nd. I thought I would be able to work longer and take more time when the baby was born, but found out that was not true. So I went ahead and put in my request for maternity leave! I am glad a did since I may have this baby before the 22nd!
I will be packing my hospital back today or this weekend. We may have a baby by Mother's Day!

No comments: