Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Sickness
A horrible sickness plagued our home this last week! It started on Thursday with Nathan suffering flu like symptoms. Then on Friday Alex was not feeling well and threw up that evening. By Saturday Luke and Abby were coughing and Abby had a fever. Sunday it hit Lloyd and he ended up calling in sick on Monday. I am the only one who did not get it. Abby and Lloyd are still fighting it and the rest of the family seems to be doing better. I hate that Abby has it because she is miserable. She sounds hoarse from coughing and I keep having to suck her nose so she can breath. I took her to the doctor and he says it is just a cold and she should be better in a week! That seems like an eternity to me! He also said not to give her medicine because it does not make the cold go away it just makes her feel better! Well DUH! Isn't that the whole idea is to make her feel better. I have been giving her little bits of cough medicine when I feel she is really needing it, but I try not to give her to much. With this sickness has come new challenges with Luke. He is not eating much these days. I would say he gets 95% of his calories from drinking milk. I am trying to put a stop to this, but it is hard when that is all he wants. To get him to eat these last few days we are having to treat him like a baby. Even then we can only get him to take about 3-5 bites. It is very frustrating! I know this shall pass and prays it does so quickly! On a side note, Nathan got a position on the Freshmen football team and is working hard to stay with it. He has practice everyday after school and does not get home until after 6pm. I wish Alex would find an extra curricular activity to put all his energy into!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment