Tuesday, December 29, 2009

This One Thing

As the New Year approaches, what are you focused on? Have you made your list of New Year Resolutions? Did you know that 40 to 45% of American adult make one or more resolutions each year. Among the top new years resolutions are resolutions about weight loss, exercise, and stopping to smoke. Also popular are resolutions dealing with better money management / debt reduction. The following shows how many of these resolutions are maintained as time goes on:
- past the first week: 75%
- past 2 weeks: 71%
- after one month: 64%
- after 6 months: 46%

Now what would you say if I told you there is a way to achieve all your goals by just focusing on One Thing? I am just going to brush the surface of a message I heard, but if you feel lead to hear the whole message you can go to http://www.impactchurch.info/ and listen to the podcast from Sunday December 27th, 2009!

The bible gives us several referances to this One Thing. Lets start with Philipians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me." ...
This is the core to what I am about to share. Now if you go back just one chapter to Philipians 3:10-14 you will find more! Referring back to achieving all your goals... Phil 3:13-14..."forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead. I press on toward the goal for the prize of the heavenly call of God in Christ Jesus."

Are you seeing where I am going with this?

Now there is priority which has to take place when you are trying to achieve a goal, so lets talk about that for a minute. Matt. 6:33, "Strive first for the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all things will be given to you as well."

JESUS HAS TO BE THE CENTERPIECE OF YOUR LIFE!

This is the One Thing that should be our focus for the New Year! So go shred, tear up or burn that list of New Year Resolutions that you have been writing, start reading your bible instead and keep your eye on the prize! I know I am!

No comments: