Saturday, April 24, 2010

Special Needs=Special place

I have always had a special place in my heart for children with special needs; rather they be physical or emotional. Maybe it was because God knew this, that he blessed me with a special needs child. Don't get me wrong it is HARD; having a child with special needs of any kind is not an easy task. I am not perfect and I know I have made mistakes in raising my special blessing. However, I also know that God knows exactly what he is doing and I have a responsibility to him to fulfill his plan for this child's life. I know that ultimately my son is God's son and I am just his earthly mother. Sometimes I question why and how. Sometimes I cry. Sometimes I laugh. Sometimes I scream. All the time I pray. I have been on my knees for my special needs son more then any other one of my children. I know that prayer is the only way that we have made it through the situations that we have come up against. I know that God does not let us down. I know that God is always on our side and that all the earthly words and situations that we come up against are not of God. Sometimes I have to get advice and be reminded of how to handle a situation and I will turn to an earthly source for that advice and reminder; however I still know God is there. I could not even imagine how I would deal with having a special needs child if I did not have God on my side. I praise God everyday for giving me the strength and determination to raise my son up in a Godly way. I praise God everyday for giving me a husband who is our rock and foundation. I praise God everyday for my husbands legacy of being a strong family man! I praise God everyday for what he has already done in my son's life and what he will continue to do in my son's life.
I will continue to fight for my son and to hold him dear and near to my heart because he deserves it!

PS: I also want to add that I believe all children are special!

No comments: