Monday, April 5, 2010

He is Alive and He Lives in me!

Jesus is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. He still performs miracles and answers prayers. I have seen him working in my life and my children's lives for two years now, but nothing compares to the miracles he performed this weekend. His resurrection weekend, yet he resurrected my family!

I am in awe of how he still works and continues to work in the lives of my children mainly. The little things he does to show us that he is alive. Two weeks ago I came across what is called Cardboard testimonies, so I watched several churches that have done them and was wowed. Then last Sunday our church announced that we would be doing these cardboard testimonies as part of our Easter service. I knew right away I wanted to be a part of this powerful event. Alex then said he also wanted to participate and immediately came up with what he was going to write as his testimony! I tried to talk Nathan into doing one as well, but he was not interested.

We had practice Thursday and Friday. Then we had three services that were the real thing. One on Saturday night and two on Easter Sunday. Before the Saturday night service one of the ladies who attends our church was chatting with me, and I told her that Alex was doing the cardboard testimonies. She pointed out how much he is growing and I told her yes he is and I am so excited! She quoted a bible scripture to me from 3rd John 1:4, "There is no greater joy then a mother who sees her children walking in truth!" This is the scripture I am going to stand on for a long time!

I was in the nursery during the first Sunday service, but Alex still went out there and showed his testimony! Then at the second service on Sunday when they had Altar call, Nathan raised his hand. I thought he had already asked the Lord into his heart, so I questioned him. He said he felt he needed to do it again! PRAISE THE LORD! I went back with him to speak with the altar team.

I am so proud of my boys and my joy is overflowing! God is moving!

That is just the icing on the cake. He has also brought someone back into my life that really needs him right now. I really feel that he is using me to help this person and there is nothing that makes me happier then helping people. I cannot wait to see what else God has in store for my family. Salvation for my husband! Oh yes, it is coming! I believe it there for it will be!

No comments: