As this year comes to an end, I have been reflecting on my marriage, my kids, and just life! I don't get a lot of time to do this normally, but some recent health issues gave me a chance to slow down. On November 3 I had what is called a Leep Procedure to remove abnormal cells that were found on my cervix and in my vaginal canal. Sorry for TMI, but that is what it is! This was due to the HPV virus and found during a routine pap smear. The pap smear came back abnormal and my OBGYN did further test to find the abnormal cells. It is not Cancer, but what she called, "Precursors". The Leep procedure is an outpatient procedure, so I was home the same day. I was on strict bed rest for the rest of the day, and light duty after that. This gave me lots of time to reflect on things!
During my time of reflection, I decided to make some changes; good changes. I am spending more time with my kids, my husband and most importantly my Bible. I realized that all those things are getting dusty because I leave them on the shelf for too long before I pick them up and pay attention to them. Life is too short to take these important items for granted. It is time for me to step up and for me to put my actions where my mouth is. This is going to be hard for me because I have a lot of bad habits I need to break, but I will do it for my family.
Alex is doing better in school now and I need to step up to encourage him. I need to be a good role model and show him that hard work pays off. Nathan is growing up and becoming a man, so I need to work hard to lead him in the right direction. My husband is a hard worker and provider for our family and I need to show him that we appreciate him. So with that being said, I am off to go care for the baby, read my bible and get some housework done!
No comments:
Post a Comment