Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Counting My Blessings
Our whole state is covered in fires right now. They are in the North, South, East and West. I am counting my blessing with these fires; my boys were evacuated from their Boy Scout camp yesterday afternoon (Tuesday). For about an hour I frantically was trying to find out where they were and if I needed to drive to Chico to get them. I was on the phone with the Red Cross, tried the Scout Master's number, called other moms and was finally connected with the Red Cross and given the information I needed. After finally figuring out the confussion of being told one thing by the Red Cross and a message passed to me third party from the Scout Master, it was decided that the boys were going to stay the night. They were scheduled to stay the night in Chico and come home Wednesday, but I got a call at 10pm Tuesday night saying they were back in Sacramento. I guess the troop voted and majority ruled to come home. They are now home and safe with us; other then a few minor material things that were left behind. I am just glad they are home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment