Saturday, June 28, 2008

Emotions Running High

So without going into to much detail, I have a friend who right now is going through a separation from her husband. It is not a good situation and I am trying to be here for her as much as possible. She is staying with us right now and I have to say that it has been hard to see her go through this. The hardest part is that I have been in her shoes before and I know all to well exactly what she is going through, what she is feeling and what she is thinking! Only I have to bite my tongue because I cannot influence her to make any decisions or put words in her mouth. This is super hard for me because of my past and knowing what she is going through. I am emotional involved and that makes it hard. To top that all off I have issues of my own that are going on right now with my children. There is something going on with Alex right now and we cannot figure out what it is. In the last three to six months his behaviors have gotten worse. We thought we were having somewhat of a breakthrough with him right before that, but know we have been seeing old behaviors resurfacing and even some new behaviors arising. I am really at a loss for what to do. I am going to sign up for a parenting/anger management class and attend it with my friend. I think that this will help me and my family because I will admit that I have lost my temper and make decisions to yell and scream even when I try really hard not to. I can use some new tools because all mine seem to be broken or not working anymore. I will end this for now by saying that through all this Lloyd and I are growing closer and closer. He is the best husband and father a person could ever ask for. He is so supportive and understanding and I am so grateful to God that I have a healthy and happy marriage. I am going to continue to pray for our marriage and I am going to lift my friend and children up in prayer now because I feel that that is where the devil is lurking right now. SO I want to say LORD I lift my children up to you right now in the name of Jesus and I Pray peace over them lord, I pray that they are in alignment with your plan for them lord. I PRAY that they are in agreement with each other and with us as their parent’s lord. I bind any feelings of anger, resentment, or fear that are in them right now and I tell those feelings of fear, resentment and anger to go away right now in the name of Jesus! I want to speak life into them Lord and bring them up as responsible young men and respectful young men. I raise my friend up to you LORD and I Pray strength over her right now lord, I pray peace over her right now. I ask that you give her clarity oh lord of her situation lord and ask that you give her wisdom and power oh lord to take control of the situation that she is in. I bind all cruses of abuse that have been brought up against her oh lord in Jesus name I rebuke those curses right now and tell them to go away!!!!!! I lift my marriage up Lord and I ask that you continue to bless it lord and keep it sacred. I give you all the praise and glory oh lord for all the blessing and answered prayers that I have already received and I put all my trust and faith in you that all things will come to pass and turn out in you great will and plan the way that you wanted and planed them to be. AMEN!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah! Let me just tell you haw proud I am of you. I have known you for a few years now and it blows my mind to see how far you have come with your relationship with the mighty Lord that we serve. You just continue to give everything over to Him and He will give you what you need. God is so faithful and EVERYTHING is a learning process. I know you really love your church, but I would love to invite you to mine. I think you would really like our pastor. Let me know if you want to visit and I will let you know all the details. Remember when things are going on with Alex, Pray that God would shine enough light for the step you are on. The two of you will get through IT ALL together! Are you still going to Erica's church?