Thursday, October 23, 2008
Back to Basics
I attended a small group on Tuesday night that really brought me back to the basics. Small groups are something my church does to get the members connected. I have attended 2-3 of the groups at any given time. One is a Praying Wife's Group where we focused on Stormie Omartian's book " The Power of a Praying Wife." The other group was "Walking Focused" and the "New members group". Out of all three the Praying Wife group and Walking Focused have become my favorites. The praying wife group is taking a break for the holidays right now, so I was asked to come back to the Walking Focused. I had stopped going to both because it was just too much. Anyway, the leader of the Walking Focused group invited me to attend on Tuesday because it was going to be a really good topic. Well she was right. The Walking Focused group is based on Joyce Meyer's teachings and this weeks teaching was on spending time with God. Well let me tell you this really brought me back to the basics! By this I mean praying and spending time with God. DUH! I had been doing that and it was working, so why did I stop well my bad habits got the best of me and I got lazy. So, since Tuesday night I am back to the basics and it is already changing my life. I feel great, I am more energetic, my morning sickness has gotten a lot better, and I am just happier. All I am doing is every morning I am giving God 5 minutes of my time before I do anything else, I sit down and write a letter/prayer to God. It does not sound like a lot, but it is a start! I encourage you all to go back to the basics and start spending time with God; if you give him 5 minutes he will give you so much more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are absolutely right, Sarah. God has been dealing with my heart to get back to the basics... praying every morning before I start my day... I guess God used your wonderful blog to confirm that in my life. God Bless you my wonderful friend.
And Yes! It is about time we all get back to the basics... then maybe our lives would go just a little more smoother... well, really A LOT more smoother... lol.
Your Friend
Post a Comment