Friday, September 5, 2008

De Ja Vu

Last October on about the 25th, his birthday weekend, Alex fell out of the tree and broke both his wrist. The left one was put into a cast and the right one was left in a brace. Well as you can tell by the photos I used as my background he was in a cast well after Christmas. I believe he got the cast of right around the new year. Well it has been almost a year and unfortunately history decided to repeat itself. Although this time he did not fall out of a tree and thankfully it is not both wrist; he did break his left wrist again! This happened on Wednesday when he was practicing for football. We were checking it out because one of his friends plays and both Nathan and Alex have wanted to play now. So we go and honestly I was a little concerned. All the boys are like twice Nathan and Alex's size, and it is tackle football! Well I put my concerns aside because they really want to play. Neither one of them have been cleared to play by the doctor; they are suppose to have physicals! So honestly they should not have been playing, but it is just practice right. Well Alex's coach decided to put him in as a Defensive Back to block this kid that was twice his size. Mind you Alex is in street clothes and this other kid is in his full uniform! So, he pushes Alex around pretty good a couple of times knocking him on his butt pretty hard. Alex was a trooper and kept getting back up and kept trying to block this kid. Well on about the third knock down Alex fell on his wrist and was hurt. We ended up going home and I iced him up and gave him motrin. I kept an eye on it and put him in his brace for school on Thursday; the whole time debating on whether to take him in to have it Xrayed! Well finally on Friday after talking with the coach, I decided we better get it looked at. Sure enough he has a buckle fracture of his left wrist and will be getting another cast! It should take about 6-8 weeks to heal which will put him right around his birthday!

No comments: