Tuesday, September 9, 2008
You are Invited: To my Pity Party!
I am feeling like such a failure tonight. A failure as a mom, as a wife, as a friend! Alex has been having serious behavior issues for about two weeks now. This is a new challenge for us because we took a leap of faith and have had him off medication for over a month. I do not want to put him back on medication, but I am at a loss for what to do with him. It is getting to the point that I don't even want to be around him. It takes every ounce of my being for me to even admit that I love him. I know this all sounds horrible, but it is hard to love someone that treats you with such disrespect and hate. I am praying for this situation more then ever and have even been praying with him every morning. I don't know what else to do! The household responsibilities are getting done slowly but surely. I have to choose one section of the house each day and work on it. I have been focusing on the Kitchen, but the bathrooms need to be done too! I just cannot do it all. I am so overwhelmed with everything! I want to work more to provide for our family but I cannot see it happening. I have to be home for the boys! We cannot afford to put them in any kind of after school program and Alex would probably get kicked out anyway. All my friends have left me except one, but she is busy with her life so we do not get to talk or hang out much. I MISS EVERYONE!! I am depressed and lonely. Yes, I have my husband and we are good. We just don't get a lot of time either with his work schedule. I try as hard as I can to be a good mom, a good wife and a good friend, but I feel like I am failing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
My dear friend, Sarah;
I'm so sorry to hear about your circumstance... Life can be so hard, exspecially with our own children. We do our best to love and nurture them and they grow up making choices, that we as parents never taught them.
You are not a failor my friend... You are the best thing that has ever happend to your family! Since you have come to know the Almighty God, you have become their life line.
Sarah you knew when you took him off his meds that there would be rough times and crazy days. Take one day at a time and remember you are not alone! God is with you! The Bible tells us that 'this to shall pass'... We can rest assured in the power of His Word. God will bring you thru this I know He can...
How? When? I cannot answer these questions, but I know He will... that's what He's all about.
You are doing everthing in your power to do what is right for your son and it is because you LOVE him!!
Get your mind in the things of God, cry out to Him and I know you have... He will bring you peace in the midst of your storm!
I love you my dear friend and I'm sorry that I haven't been there for you... I know of your struggles...
I love you Sarah
I coulnd't agree with Ruby more! You have to remember that God uses the craziness in our lives to remind us that we always need to be on our knees. Go is so good Sarah. And so are you. You also have to remember that as much as God is out there, so is satan and he will use the closest things to your heart to make you think the way you are. Be steadfast in the Lord. It always pays off!
Post a Comment