Thursday, December 25, 2008

It's a Wonderful Life (Story to go with Christmas Day 2008 Slideshow)

We had the best Christmas we have had in a long time. My slide show below shows all the pictures and I will try to do my best to explain some of them. First it starts with what our tree looked like with just the presents that we were able to get. As you can see it was not much. We did well with what we had and the boys were happy! My favorite moment was when Alex opened the Kingdom Hearts 2 Playstation 2 game that Lloyd got him. He was so excited that he hugged Lloyd! I definitely captured that moment! Nathan got Luke a piggy bank which we had him open first. If I could go back and change anything, I would have had that present be the last thing Luke opened. Once he opened that gift he did not want to open anything else!

I kept the thought that there was not much until all the gifts we had got were open. Then I explained to them that we were very blessed this season, not only with food baskets and financial blessings, but also with more gifts. Their eyes light up; as I explained that when you are faithful to God he is faithful back. I explained to them that God whispered our names in someones ear and that person was able to plant a seed that God blessed. I then brought out the rest of the gifts. This was another favorite moment because as soon as Luke saw the gifts he went and grabbed a gift bag, put it on his arm and started to walk away. The funny thing was the bag he grabbed was his! I did as I was asked and gathered them around to pray and thank God for our blessings. There is one picture of us praying where we are all in a circle and I am holding Luke and he has a bag on his arm! Lloyd took the picture, but did not participate in the prayer. (God is still softening his heart to this).


The boys were so excited and enjoyed all the gifts that they received. Alex kept saying, "Thank you God." Once we were done opening all the gifts and cleaning up, Nathan and Alex immediately went outside to play the new Nerf Tag game that they got. They played this game several times through the day! Then we all went to my mom and dad's for dinner and a few more gifts. The picture in the slide show of Luke with a scratch on his face happened at my mom and dad's. I just thought it was kind of funny that we could not make it through the day without an accident! Over all we had a Wonderful Christmas and are so thankful for all the blessings that we received!

No comments: