Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Years

I rang in the New year like I have for probably the past 5 years...sleeping. I just cannot seem to stay awake these days; I guess I am getting old. There really is not much partying for a mommy of three and one on the way. I thought of going to the Downtown Celebration, but to drag all the kids out in the cold and fight the crowds and traffic; just does not sound like my idea of fun. For me New Years has just been another day gone by. It really does not mean anything to me. Yeah I may think in my head it is a new year and I am going to do such and such differently, but in the grand scheme of life I know that it will just be the same old same old. I am happy with it for the most part so why change it. Now don't get me wrong there are definitely things I would like to see change, but making it happen is the hardest part. I guess that would be the one thing that I would like to work on; making things happen. I think them, I say them, but I don't act on them. Motivation and determination are not my strong points. I can do it; I know that if I set my mind to anything I can achieve it. The problem is setting my mind. This is where my lack of modivation and determination come in. I am a procastonator! I always say I will get to it, but honestly I never do! Do they have PA meetings that I can go to? I guess I will have to look into that...someday! Until then, I am back to the same old same old.

No comments: