Sunday, January 30, 2011

My Journey

Well, my fasting and prayer is almost over and to be honest I did not do so great. Yes, I stayed off Facebook for the whole 21 days, but the praying part was really hard. I was signed up to pray from 11pm-Midnight every night. Well that did not work well for me, so I changed my time to 5am-6am; which I did for the most part. I think I missed a total of 5 days where I just choose not to pray. I slept instead or one morning I got up to pray and Luke and Abby decide to wake up early that morning. I did feel that when I was praying in the evening time my prayers were more powerful and heartfelt. When I switched to the morning something changed int he way I was praying. I felt distracted and was praying while doing other things (IE: showering, laundry, cleaning). When I was praying in the evening time, I was focused and determined. However, I did learn a lot through this time. I learned that I am still a work in progress. God is working on me and I am changing, but I never claimed to be perfect. That is what I love about my God. He is such a gentle Father. Always changing and correcting me, but allowing me to grow at my own pace. Never pushing me, just slight nudges along the way. His mercy and grace are far more then I could ever imagine.
God really showed up during this time and revealed some truths to me. He showed me where improvements need to be made and he lead me to where I can work on them. I am connected and planted where I need to be. So now I just resist the enemy and continue on my journey with my hear held high!

1 comment:

Ruby said...

This is such a sweet post. It brought tears to my eyes because you are so open to your shortcomings. I'm thankful to you and the life that you are working so hard to fullfill in Christ.
He will blessed your faithfulness, Sarah and all that you set your heart to do... all for His Glory.
I love you sweet girl and contiue to love Jesus =) and YES! We are all a work in progress.
♥Ruby