Monday, January 17, 2011

Your Best

This Devotional I found today was so fitting I couldn't help but share it. You see I have been fasting and praying for the past 8 days and one theme that keeps coming up is summarized in this devotional. I want to live by this devotional and give my best in all I do!


Your Best
1/17/2011

"Out of all your gifts you shall present every offering due to the LORD, from all the best of them, the sacred part from them." - Numbers 18:29 NASB

Offerings are important to God. Why? Because they represent the attitude of our hearts. They reveal our real priorities and prove what's really important to us. They are opportunities to recognize how much we owe Him and give to Him from what He's given us.
Offerings also are opportunities to demonstrate the degree to which we believe God and are willing to obey Him and do things His way.
The Bible describes various kinds of offerings. Each offering includes its own requirements and procedures, what it symbolized and was meant to achieve. However, in every situation, each person was to give God their best.
This is why the Law is filled with instructions to bring the best offering-and warnings about bringing anything substandard. The people were warned, "If there is a defect in it, if it is lame or blind or has any serious defect, you shall not sacrifice it to the LORD your God" (Deuteronomy 15:21 NKJV). Again, God was trying to teach them this principle: He demands our very best.
We see this same commitment when Jesus turned water into wine: When the master tasted it, he remarked how unusual it was that this very best wine had been saved for last (John 2:10).
God is a God of the best! He gave us His best when He sent Jesus to die for us (Romans 8:32).
Today, remember to show God your commitment to Him by giving Him your best in the work you do and how you invest your time, talent, and treasure. Be faithful in what you do with the resources He's given you. Dedicate yourself to doing everything as unto Him. Serve Him with excellence, passion, and zeal. Always do your best. Always give Him your best.


Prayer
Father, You are more important to me than anything else in the world. I will give You my best. I make my life a living sacrifice. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Extended Reading
Numbers 18

No comments: