Wednesday, March 9, 2011

40 Day Fast and Prayer

Today I start a journey that I need to take. I don't want to take it, but I need too! Iam going to be fasting and praying for 40days. From today until Easter Sunday. I think it might be more then 40days, but honestly I don't care. I am focused and ready for what God has planned. I am going to use this time to start reading my bible again and just listen to what He has to say to me. At the beginning of the year I fasted and prayed for 21 days. I read my bible everyday of that 21 days and I had planned on reading my bible in the year. Well that did not happen. As soon as the fast and prayer time was over I stopped reading. You see reading is really hard for me. Books that is! LOL! I can spend hours reading Facebook and peoples blogs, but to pick up a book or even read a story/ The Bible online it is hard, so I decided I would fast and pray again to focus on this task. I am believing that God is going to do great things in this 40 days. He is going to help me overcome my addiction to all things that are not of him. I am going to focus on him and my family! This was todays Daily Devotional and I think it really hit the nail on the head as to where I am going with this journey! I have some giants that I need to face and I am ready to defeat them in Jesus name!


Daily Devotional Written by Larry Stockstill


The plague of small thinking strikes again! Joshua was extremely concerned that someone other than Moses might be used of God to prophesy. Joshua did not comprehend that God can use whomever He wants in order to accomplish whatever He wants.

In Numbers 13 the ten spies had to make a decision regarding the grapes and the giants. Huge clusters of fruit should have captured the Israelites' attention, faith, and excitement. Instead, their eyes were on the giants who stood guard over the abundance.

The devil always tries to get our attention focused more on his resistance than on God's provision. A small, limited vision will make us feel "like grasshoppers" in comparison to the giants (Numbers 13:33), instead of feeling that "we can certainly conquer" (v. 30)!

Philip rehearsed to Jesus how impossible it was to feed five thousand men in the wilderness, but Andrew went and found five loaves and two fish. Small thinking involves meditating on negative, impossible thoughts that outweigh the truth of God's Word. Although Moses had told the spies to go into the land with boldness and bring back a sampling of the crops (Numbers 13:20), the spies' fearful thinking caused them to believe that they could never get to the grapes because the giants were too large.

Think large: Conquest . . . good report . . . well able!

No comments: