I like to think that I do not have any enemies. I try to like everyone, but occasionally even my family members become my enemies. People I don't even know sometimes become my enemy. I get angry with the slow driver, the rude customer service representative, the incompetent fast food worker, etc. I don't even know these people yet I let them get the best of me (or I should say worse of me)!
Just this last Sunday my two little ones woke up on the wrong side of the bed and we just had a rough morning. The devil really used my children to get to me and I got to church thinking, "What the heck just happened?" I was confused, frustrated and overwhelmed. I was upset with myself because I knew the Devil got to me. This is why I have never understood the saying "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer!" This does not make since to me. I don't want to be anywhere near my enemies especially not the Devil. Unfortunately, the devil seems to like my company. He just barges in unannounced, lets himself in without knocking and often overstays his welcome! I am glad it was Sunday because I just gave it all to GOD. However, later in the day guess who showed up again! I was going through the drive thru and I snapped at the person taking the orders. Again I let the Devil get to me; I drove away feeling defeated yet again. I need to remember that God is there everyday, everywhere, anytime; not just on Sunday, not just at church. He is my best friend and I need to keep him closest of all!
No comments:
Post a Comment