I had a talk with my teenage boys last night about Going through the motions. Something I think all of us do at times. I know I do far too often. I mean how many of us are actually giving it our all! We use phrases like "All or Nothing" or our family's recent motto of "Go Big or Go Home!" We may take these phrases to heart in some areas of our lives, but do we use them when it comes to our faith; when it comes to our relationship with Christ? Are we giving it our all or are we just going through the motions? Are we Going Big; No Limits? You see God has no limits, yet we put restraints on his abilities! We question his judgement. You see we pray and expect answers, but we don't always accept the answer given. God always gives us an answer those answers are yes, no or not right now. If we pray with an all or nothing attitude are we more likely to get a yes answer? I think we might! God wants us to pray with expectation. He wants the All or Nothing; He wants us to Go Big or Go Home! He is our father and we are his favorite children, so why are we going through the motions instead of running to our daddy whenever we are in need instead of just on Sunday or just when it is convenient for us? Why are we not giving him our all? The reason is because we let life get in the way and we think that going through the motions is going to be enough. Well, I am here to tell you that is not true. WE need to step up, set our expectations high and Go Big or Go Home! I know that I am preaching to the choir right now because I too have been going through the motions! I am going to work harder to step up though. I want to give HIM my all.
Lord, I come before you with humility that I have been going through the motions. I foresake you over and over again yet you have new mercy and grace for me each and everyday! I am so undeserving of your Love, but you still love me! I want to start giving you more of me and less o the world. I am here to say I am all in. I know I have said it before and I am sure I will be here again to say it at some point, but that is ok because you are my fortress when I am weak and my comforter! I know that I can come to you in my darkest hour and in my brightest moment and you will accept me just as I am! Thank you Lord, for loving me and accepting me. AMEN!
2 comments:
Great Job Sarah!! How are things going? Are you finding it easier to put the computer down and seek the Lord? Do you feel closer to Him? I find that it never happens over night. It's gradual and takes commitment and discipline! You just have to be willing and hungry :) The rewards are greater than you could ever, ever, ever imagine!! Keep being Faithful to Him, Sarah! I am so in love with your heart!! Keep it going, YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Hi! I wanted to thank YOU for taking the time to visit and comment on my blog. I am sooo glad you were able to draw encouragement from the post I had written about my husband and our struggle with mental illness. Sometimes it's hard to remember that God always always has a plan for our life even when we can't see it. Through all the challenges with your son don't lose sight that he was made perfect in God's hands. Our God is working through YOUR son! Someday it will be amazing to stand with our Lord and took back on our lives to see how we were used when we didn't realize it! Prayers to you and your family!
Post a Comment