Saturday, July 19, 2008

Leave a Legacy

I have been inspired today by many new ventures that I am taking. One is I am taking an Anger Management class. I know this maybe hard to believe for some people, but yes, I have an anger problem. However, I have learned more then that about myself through this class; I have also learned that I have an addiction and that I am passive aggressive. I have also learned to forgive myself and live moment to moment. I have been inspired by a man named Randy Pausch, Google "The Last Lecture" and you too shall be inspired. Lastly, I was inspired this evening by a very good friend of mine who wrote a beautiful blog in memory of her mother, who recently passed away. It inspired my to be a better wife, mom, daughter, sister, and friend! I want to leave a legacy for my children that people will look back on and say wow! I want to be remembered for greatness! My focus is changing and I hope to be able to use all these new inspirations to become a better me!

2 comments:

Kim in the Kitchen said...

Hi! I just got your message on my blog about the baseball cake but I think I'm too late for your son's party. Sorry about that. In case you still want to make the cake (it's very cute) I just used boxed cake mix and tried to copy the picture on Bake 'n Fill box. From what I remember, you pour the batter into the dome portion up to a fill line and then you take the piece that has a smaller dome and little skirt with holes in it and attach it to the other dome so that it nests inside it. That pushes the batter up the sides and makes the hole for filling. You also have to make a regular round cake to put the dome on top of. I can't remember if it took more than one cake mix. Once the cakes have baked and cooled you take the little dome off and can put ice cream or fruit or whatever you like inside. Then you flip it out onto the round cake and can start icing. I hope this is a little bit helpful. Happy Birthday to your son! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Danny said...

Wow sarah, I'm creating a blogspot for my preschool class and I decided to visit your page... It brought tears to my eyes.. I didn't realize you were touch that much about my mother. I love you Sarah and you are always in my prayers. I know we have been very busy... and havent gotten together, but your still my friend. I too, am working on changing my life to be a better wife, mother, sister, and friend.
You have inspired me thru your blog... lol!
♥♥Love you lots and lots♥♥
Ruby