Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Saying Goodbye


We have had a great week. My mother in law, who lives in Virginia, and grandmother in law, who lives in Texas, came to visit to celebrate Luke's first birthday with us. Well tonight was their last night with us, so we all went out to dinner at the Outback. Since Nathan's 14th birthday is also in a couple of days and they will not be here for that, we had the waiter sing Happy Birthday to Nathan and Luke. They both got a birthday icecream and of course we had to order one for Alex too! Luke loved his and even used a spoon to feed himself for the first time! He did a pretty good job considering it was a big spoon! He was using the wrong end then the right end and then he just decided to use his hands. I wish I would have brought my camera, but of course I forgot it! We did get a few pictures with Grandma's camera phone, so I will share those. As for grandma's leaving we are all very sad that they have to go especially Great Grandma. We did not get to spend much time with her because she went to Redding while she was here so she could see her son. Hopefully, next time we will be able to spend more time with her. Their flight leaves at 6am tomorrow morning, so this dinner was our way of saying goodbye and celebrating birthdays and also the fact that my husband got hired on as a permanent employee at his job! We have a lot to be thankful for and I have to say that I have the best family ever!

No comments: