Friday, July 18, 2008

Whose Attached


So Luke has had "Bear Bare" since before he was even born. It was a gift that we received at his baby shower. We just recently within the last 3 months started giving it to him. We started it when I read somewhere that if you get your baby attached to something they will sleep better at night. We started giving it to him when he was tired and would put him to sleep with it. IT WORKED! Now "Bear Bare" has become his favorite! He is not so attached to it that he can't go without it which I like because we have also lost "Bear Bare" twice now. The first time we lost him was when we took "Bear Bare" grocery shopping with us and well "Bear Bare" decided he wanted to stay the night at the grocery store. We used a back up bear that night, but luckily the grocery store took good care of "Bear Bare" and he was retrieved the next day. Well yesterday, Luke decided that "Bear Bare" was going to come on our walk with us. He held "Bear Bare" tight in is his grip the whole way to the store, but when we got home (not realizing it) "Bear Bare" was not with him. When it was time for bed, the great hunt for "Bear Bare" commenced. We looked high and low, but I knew that Luke probably dropped "Bear Bare" somewhere along our walk. Fearing the worse, that "Bear Bare" was gone for good this time, I realized that I am really the one who is attached to "Bear Bare"! Luke slept fine with out him, he did not even care to use the back up bear. However, I was very sad at the thought that "Bear Bare" was gone! I cried and wept for the lost! I even prayed that God would help us find "Bear Bare" and had planned to retrace our steps this morning. Well, my prayers were answered when I received a phone call this morning from my son. He called from his bus driver's cell phone to tell me that "Bear Bare" was hanging on the fence to the kiddie walk that leads to the local elementary school. I told him thank you and asked my older son to stay with the baby while I ran down the street to once again retrieve "Bear Bare" from one of his grand adventures! Luke seemed somewhat happy to have "Bear Bare" back, but once again I realized that I am really the one who is attached! I also came to a realization that we are enforcing a new rule: "Bear Bare" is now grounded to the house and not aloud to leave!

No comments: