Monday, January 26, 2009

Hurt Feelings

Back over the summer a friend of mine reached out to me for help. To make a long story short her and her husband had gotten into an altercation and he took matters a little too far. Well he ended up in jail for the night and she stayed with me for about a week. In the end she choose not to press charges and went back to him. However, he now holds the whole incident against me and it has really put a wedge in between my friend and I. We no longer hang out as much or even talk as much. She is due to have a baby in April, so we should be having a lot of fun together. Her son and Luke are only two months apart and we use to hang out and have play dates, but not anymore. Well she called me tonight to get some addresses of people we both know so she can invite them to her baby shower and her son's birthday, but then she says I cannot send you one. I was like are you serious; you are not inviting me to your baby shower or your son's birthday. Her response was you are invited in my heart, but if you show up things will get ugly. I was so hurt! I cannot believe that her husband could not swallow his pride for one day so I can be there for my friend. Now we attend the same church and he will come occasionally, but I cannot come on his turf. When he comes to church, I don't bother him. I may say hi to my friend and the baby, but that is it. I have not held anything against him except for the wedge that he is putting into our friendship! I am trying to be the bigger person; trying not to be judgemental, but I am hurt! I have been in her shoes before, so I think that makes it even harder.

No comments: