Today for the sanity of my poor husband who has been working back to back hours, I took the kids and left the house. We headed out at about 9:45am and did not get home until after 2pm. We went to the State Capitol for a tour to fulfill a project that Nathan has to do for school. We got there a little after 10am, so we had to waste some time until 11am. The tours are on the hour so we missed the 10am tour. To past the time we went down in the basement to explore. There you find a theatre, a gift shop and a restaurant with snack machines. We went into the gift shop then got a snack. The theatre shows movies, but most of them had already started and the boys were not really interested in seeing one. So we went back up to the tour area to wait for the tour. Personally I felt the tour was a bit boring the tour guide seemed to give us a lot of information/background on the architecture of the building and fixtures, etc. Some of the information was interesting; if only I retained any of it! Nathan took some notes hopefully enough to write a summary for his project.
After the 45 minute tour we headed back toward home. We wanted to get Subway to go and head to a park since it was such a beautiful day! we choose a park we had not been to in a while called The Park of Dreams. This park use to be made out of wood and looked like a castle, but I have heard rumors that it burnt down and lots of kids were getting hurt. Now the park has been completely rebuilt into a modern day plastic playground with rock climbing walls, spider web structure, and some really nice swings! I really enjoyed spending the day with my boys! I wish my husband could have come along, but he needed his rest. When we got home he thanked me for letting him sleep in. I am glad that I was able to be supportive of his needs!
PS: Someday I will figure out how to post the blog and slideshow together!
No comments:
Post a Comment